First, this video & post is not sponsored by Blick Art Supplies! I purchased all the supplies. Second, as an artist, I always enjoy seeing what products other artists use. In that spirit, I am sharing my latest order from Blick Art. I hope this inspires you to try some new supplies. I conducted an instagram poll and 100% of voters said “yes” to wanting to see what was in the box I posted, so here it is!
What’s in the box?
To strengthen my painting skills this year, I am taking Donna Downey’s Live Paint class and needed some supplies The open acrylics and medium were purchased for that class along with the paint brushes and holbein acrylics. The 1/2 gallon of red is also for this class!
- ecoline brush pens – a wish list item! excited to explore these as I’ve seen many artists using them for art journaling and lettering
- empty 1/2 pans for my daniel smith watercolors
- stabilio woody pencils – another wish list item, and i meant to order the set as well. i had a black and white of these already and really liked how they wrote on top of paint and are water soluble
- derwent graphitone pencils – also saw some great reviews from other artists on these, so excited to try in my mixed media
- bulldog clips – a must for holding open my art journals!
- golden glazing medium & matte madium – I was running very low on both
- liquitex gesso – I just poured my last drops out of my large container into a smaller one, so needed to order another refill!
unfortunately, one paint color (golden’s medium violet) and some palette knives are on backorder, so waiting on those from my order!